|On the right is the one out of my homemade mold on the left |
is the one from the muffin tin.
|Soap mixed to medium trace|
|soap cooking - almost completely gelled|
|soap curing and labeled|
The second batch I made I left unscented, but added 2 spoons of black cocoa. I used a little different formula this time. I used the soap calculator with this one as well. This time I mixed the cocoa into about a cup of nutralized soap. Then I lightly mixed it into the rest of the soap and molded in recycled cracker boxes that I cut the fronts off of and taped the end together. When I unmolded it the next morning, I cut it with a paring knife into squares, leaving the top textured. The top isn't very swirled, but you can see from the pictures that the sides look really cool. I think if I do this again I will use Hershey's cocoa.
I think in the future I will use cold process more frequently, but this gave me the option of getting it done right now and be able to hand them out in a short period of time.
A note of thanks goes out to all of those who are so very generous with the information that they have gathered through experience. I am very grateful, because while I am trying to stretch my "wings" in new areas craft wise, I do still have to be very mindful of expenses. So to all of you that have so generously shared information and experience with those of us in need of guidance, I send you a very heartfelt thank you and God bless.