So, I put that block to the side to deal with tomorrow. So now I start working on the center block. This will be a horses' head looking out of a stall door. Well, I no sooner got most of the horse together when I realized I don't have enough for the horses' face. Normally this would be a non-issue considering the amount of cloth I have stored in my daughter's closet. It is even nice and accessible there, but this material did not come from my stash. Shh, don't tell my husband I brought more material home! He might have a coronary. ;) So now I am going to have to put off finishing the block until after I can raid my mom's stash again tomorrow. I am really having fun doing the horses out of soft fuzzy material, but there are some complications when it doesn't come out of my stash.
So I didn't find any more of the brown moleskin in my mom's stash or mine, but I did find some grey that will work well. The only drawback is that I now have to redraw 4 pieces so that I can use a different color on the horse. So now to work. Oh, and we found the piece I was missing, so I can put the summer block together, and my husband made no complaint about the fabric I brought in either.
|Center block all put together|